Caribbean Chicken Diabetic Recipe
2 teaspoons oil
6 single chicken breasts (24 oz. raw weight),
skinned, boned, washed, sliced in 1/2″ strips
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup peach or apricot chutney
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon each curry powder,
cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1-1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
1. In a large skillet, heat oil to medium high, and saute chicken pieces until brown.
2. Remove chicken, set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion in skillet until soft, and golden.
4. Stir in chutney and spices and cook one minute.
5. Add broth and wine, and heat through, stirring constantly.
6. Return chicken to sauce, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
7. Stir in coconut flavoring.
8. Serve over hot rice.
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories: 160; Protein: 19 g;
Sodium: 44 mg; Fat: 6 g; Carbohydrates: 6 g;
Exchanges: 3 low-fat meat; 1/3 fruit